After a week off for international duty, the Championship returns for a full slate of games this weekend. As always, we’ll keep this updated throughout the weekend as games complete, and the number in parenthesis before each team in their current spot in the Weekly Power Rankings, which were published after last week’s games.
Home teams are listed first, and winners will be indicated in bold. In the event of a draw, both teams will be placed in italics. Only one match per team this week, with one match on Friday night and the remainder on Saturday.
Friday, 14 September 2018
7:45pm BST/2:45pm EST
(22) Birmingham City 1-1 (7) West Bromwich Albion
Saturday, 15 September 2018
3pm BST/10am EST
(6) Bolton Wanderers 1-2 (20) Queens Park Rangers
(4) Brentford 2-0 (9) Wigan Athletic **MATCH OF THE WEEK**
(12) Bristol City 1-0 (3) Sheffield United
(21) Hull City 2-0 (23) Ipswich Town
(19) Millwall 1-1 (1) Leeds United
(14) Norwich City 1-0 (2) Middlesbrough
(16) Preston North End 2-3 (24) Reading
(17) Rotherham United 1-0 (5) Derby County
(11) Sheffield Wednesday 2-2 (18) Stoke City
(8) Swansea City 0-0 (13) Nottingham Forest
5:30pm BST/12:30pm EST
(15) Blackburn Rovers 1-1 (10) Aston Villa
The Match of the Week will be the Top Ten clash between Brentford and Wigan Athletic. both clubs are coming off wins last week, earning three points against clubs below them in both our Power Rankings and the table. Wigan is only a point behind Brentford at this point, though a road match may prove difficult for the Latics, as their two losses have both come on the road this season. Brentford, on the other hand, has 9 points from their three home matches, showing that they aren’t to be trifled with at Griffin Park. Which result will repeat itself Saturday?
Hull City and Ipswich Town will clash in an attempt to climb out of the relegation zone, though recent form for either club, has been rather poor. Hull City does have a win on the season, and are playing at home, so they should be favored, but Ipswich would really like to find their first win on the season this week before having to face off against higher-ranked Brentford and Bolton Wanderers next week.
Until next time…
Last update: 16 September 2018, 4:00pm EST