This piece will be updated as the tournament progresses…
The dust is barely settling on decision day, but we’ve got everything you need to know about the upcoming Major League Soccer playoffs!
We ended up with some unlikely teams in the playoffs, including my hometown side Real Salt Lake, who advanced after the LA Galaxy gave up a 2-goal lead to lose 3-2 to FC Dallas. The Columbus Crew also advanced to the the playoffs with a 3-2 win over Minnesota United.
Without further ado, here’s what to look forward to as the playoffs get underway.
- (3) NYCFC v. (6) Philadephia Union
- (4) FC Dallas v. (5) Portland Timbers
- (4) D.C. United v. (5) Columbus Crew
- (6) Real Salt Lake v. (3) LAFC
(Leg 1: November 4th, Leg 2: November 8th/11th)
- (1) Sporting Kansas City v. Lowest Remaining Seed
- (2) Seattle Sounders FC v. Highest Remaining Seed
- (1) NY Red Bulls v. Lowest Remaining Seed
- (2) Atlanta United v. Highest Remaining Seed
(Leg 1: November 25th, Leg 2: November 29th)
(Leg 1: December 8th)