The schedule makers could take a page out of the NFL’s book and rearrange this week’s schedule just a bit. One of the better matches this week kicks everything off – and it’s a matchup between the teams of the authors on this site (Go Cherries!) – but it’s at 5:30am local time for us! Meanwhile, a match between two clubs in the relegation zone closes everything out on Monday. If the plan is to sell English football to America with matchups like Huddersfield and Fulham, I don’t think it’s going to work. It’s like the NFL sending the Raiders and Browns to London to sell American football to the Brits.
Nevertheless, this week should be one that helps clear up the muddled middle of the league table, while also allowing the top teams to separate themselves further. As always, the number in parenthesis before each club reflects their spot on our weekly Power Rankings, and we’ll try to keep this list updated as the weekend progresses. Home teams are listed first, and winners will be indicated in bold. In the event of a draw, both teams will be placed in italics.
Saturday, 3 November 2018
12:30pm GMT/8:30am EST
(7) AFC Bournemouth 1-2 (9) Manchester United
3:00pm GMT/11:00am EST
(15) Cardiff City 0-1 (12) Leicester City
(10) Everton 3-1 (8) Brighton & Hove Albion
(19) Newcastle United 1-0 (5) Watford
(13) West Ham United 4-2 (14) Burnley
5:30pm GMT/1:30pm EST
(4) Arsenal 1-1 (2) Liverpool **MATCH OF THE WEEK**
7:45pm GMT/3:45pm EST
(11) Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-3 (6) Tottenham Hotspur