With six of the clubs near the top of the league playing in European competition this week, we could see some tired legs in five of the matches this weekend, though the only match where it might actually matter is the one that closes out the weekend (and has been anointed as our Match of the Week). Action begins with six matches on Saturday, followed by three on Sunday and ends with a big tilt Monday evening.
As always, the number in parenthesis before each club reflects their spot on our weekly Power Rankings, and we’ll try to keep this list updated as the weekend progresses. Home teams are listed first, and winners will be indicated in bold. In the event of a draw, both teams will be placed in italics.
Saturday, 27 October 2018
3:00pm BST/10:00am EST
(10) Brighton & Hove Albion 1-0 (9) Wolverhampton Wanderers
(18) Fulham 0-3 (8) AFC Bournemouth
(2) Liverpool 4-1 (15) Cardiff City
(16) Southampton 0-0 (19) Newcastle United
(6) Watford 3-0 (20) Huddersfield Town
5:30pm BST/12:30pm EST
(12) Leicester City 1-1 (13) West Ham United